Dr. Dann K. Leonard
Dr. Dann K. Leonard is dedicated to providing each patient with a cosmetic or reconstructive experience that is gratifying, safe and provides a beautiful result. In your consultation with Dr. Leonard, he will give you detailed, personalized information about the procedures he provides and how they can benefit you individually. Dr. Leonard recognizes that each patient has unique needs and customizes his surgeries to meet those needs.
Dr. Leonard is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. After graduating with Honors from the University of Oregon, Dr. Leonard went on to receive his medical degree from the Oregon Health Sciences University and completed his general surgery residency at University of Wisconsin Hospitals. He then trained in plastic surgery at University of Michigan Hospitals, honing his skills in the field.
Dr. Leonard is chairman of DocPAC (physician community political action committee), which helped pass legislation protecting breast reconstruction rights for patients at the state level. Dr. Leonard is a frequent speaker for the Baratric department at the Salem hospital, educating patients about body contouring after major weight-loss.
Through his years of practicing plastic and reconstructive surgery in Salem, Dr. Leonard has been a champion for women's rights when it comes to breast reconstruction. He takes an active role in fighting for women whose health insurance companies may try to deny them coverage for breast reconstruction. Not only is this important to him within his own practice, but Dr. Leonard has been recognized by The Associated Press and The Register-Guard.
Cosmetic & Reconstructive surgery, Multiple Site Body Contouring, and Facial Rejuvenation.
- Undergraduate: University of Oregon - Graduated With Honors 1976 - 1980 - Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Medical: Oregon Health Sciences University 1980 - 1984 - Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Residency: General Surgery - University of Wisconsin Hospitals 1984 - 1990
- Plastic Surgery: University of Michigan Hospitals 1990 - 1992
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1994
- American Board of Surgery, 1990
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Mid-Valley Independent Physicians Association (MVIPA)
- Marion-Polk County Medical Society
Oregon Senate closes breast cancer coverage loophole
Lawmakers close breast cancer surgery loophole
Dr. Leonard brought the issue to the attention of state lawmakers this session, and state Rep. Val Hoyle, D-Eugene, became the issue's main champion in the Capitol.